Jedi Mom Trick

Posted by on June 6, 2011

5 yr old: Mommeeeee? Will you wipe my butt? I can’t wipe it like you do

Me: Why is that?

5 yr old: Because I might get poop on my hand

Me: *stifled giggle* Dude. That’s what soap and water are for

5 yr old: *indignant* Noooo…that’s for when your hands are dirty

Me: Um…I think having poop on your hands totally qualifies as “dirty”

5 yr old: Nuh uhhh

Me: Uh huhhh

5 yr old: NOOOO! Dirty is when you have dirt on your hands!

Me: So you don’t think you need to wash your hands with soap and water when they have poop on them?

5 yr old: YES I DO!

………..

HAAAA! See what I did there?

I should have been a trial lawyer.

Or a Jedi.

YES. I KNOW HE’S FIVE.

Whatever. It totally counts.

• Diana says:

Haha! Where do they get these things? No, soap and water is not for poop… no siree!

Oh and speaking of poop can you Jedi mind trick my 6 year old into not having an explosive ass. I’m so serious. If I have to scrub the sides of one more toilet boil… What? TMI? Sorry.

I will totally come over and work my magic…right after I figure out who’s been doing the same thing here. For serious. You’re not alone.

• Beth says:

Will you teach me your ways, Obi Wan IzzyMom?

• PJ Queen says:

You’re good! Very, very good.

• It’d be easier to convince my boss to give me a raise and 4 extra weeks of paid vacation than it is to convince my 4 year old that the sky is blue.

Good on ya, mama!

• Lisa E says:

That’s mad lawyering skills. My 7 year old is a champion hand washer. Which is great, because judging from the looks of the potty when he’s done, I don’t want to know what’s going on in that bathroom. Ick.

• Sandy Hayashi says:

Hi!

We are huge fans of Izzymom over at Glam Media! We’re one of the top 10 online media companies in the US and would love for you to help pilot our new Family Blogging Community, slated to launch in the coming months.

If you’re interested in making valuable connections with Moms like you, please contact me about joining this community we’re building.

Cheers,

Sandy Hayashi
    Community Partners Editor
    Glam Media
    sandyh@glam.com

• We are TOTALLY Jedi. You hone your skills on a 5yo; maybe, just MAYBE they might work on a teenager. It’s happened for me. ;)

• Haley says:

It’s an intersting conversation.You’re very good

• Jared Karol says:

do you think that will work on a two year old? And do I have to have studied with Yoda?

• You need to open an Etsy shop with your Jedi bathroom mind tricks.

Do you have one about not spitting toothpaste on the mirror?

• Luke says:

Good one …i have developed a trick that works great for everything.

It is …here it comes …”You have 10 seconds”

How it works ? Simple. “Veronic, clean the table” – no reaction or “ok-il-move-my-ass-so-slowly-so-you-know-i-bored-as-hell”

“Veronic, clean the table you have 10 seconds, 10,9,8″

And it works !! Naturally it all for fun, and she knows that yet she just loves that countdowns !

Now she wants to do everything fast ! Even the stuff she dont liked before now become fun because of “countdown” implementation.