Would You Like Some Cheese With My Whine?

Posted by on September 13, 2009

I hate whining. I really do.

I don’t, however, hate it enough to NOT do it.

Really, the fact is…I just don’t want to hear anyone else whine. Not you. Not my kids. None of ya. But since this is my blog, I’m going to be a wee bit of a hypocrite and whine just a little. Think of it as venting (but with more patheticness…).

You  see, I’ve had a this atrocious headache for days, possibly weeks. After enough coffee, Aleve and Canadian aspirin (the good kind), I can sometimes make it go away but every morning, I wake up and it’s back again like a bad penny. Fricken headache…ruiner of all things good and fun.

I also woke up this morning with not only a headache but a wet desk chair. I’m all “Did someone pee on my chair???” but I got denials all the way around, which is good because if anyone actually DID pee in my chair, like my husband, for example, that would be messed up.

When nobody would cop to peeing in my chair or spilling anything on it, I, for some reason, looked upward and there it was…the wet spot. On the ceiling. Which means???? Our roof has a leak.

I always knew this day would come (we were told six years ago that our roof had about 4-5 years to live) but did I ever do anything about it? Did I ever even attempt to act like a responsible adult and be pro-active? Hell no. I just waited for this day and then got to spend a good hour trying to find a roofer that would call me back on a Saturday—a RAINY Saturday. And now? We will have to pull thousands of dollars out of our asses (because that’s where irresponsible adults keep their money) and put a new roof on this fricken shoebox—which leads me to my next gripe…

I told my husband this morning that if he doesn’t figure out a way to give me a damn bedroom, I’m divorcing him—we’ve been sleeping in our office since shortly after my son was born. His crib was in our room and he was such a light sleeper that co-sleeping never worked and when we would sleep in our bed with him in his crib, he would hear every noise and wake up all night long.

We eventually moved into our office, which IS a room, but it’s in the middle of everything—no door, no privacy, no quiet in the morning. It sucks. This morning, I tried to shoo my kids back to their rooms because my head was pounding so they went in what is now my son’s room and started rifling through my dresser drawers. The top drawer is just full of my junk, not clothes, and they dug all through it and came out with all kinds of stuff and it just pissed me off. I have NO space of my own at all and I’m completely over it.

I want to move but since our house lost FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS of value this past year, according to our illustrious county appraiser, we couldn’t sell it for what we owe on it and even if we could, we’d walk away with NOTHING. I haven’t even told my husband about this yet because I know he’ll freak.

Also? We’re getting new neighbors. The house next door has been a rental for the past two years and we’ve had a steady stream of shitty, douchey neighbors. I have NO reason to believe the new ones will be any different.

I don’t like this house, I don’t like that there are no kids in our neighborhood, I don’t like that we have to put a new roof on a house I don’t like, I don’t like that we’re getting new douchebag neighbors, I don’t like that our tree died, I don’t like that there is SO much to be done but it’s too damn hot to do anything outside and I don’t like having these headaches because I have to work thrice as hard to get anything done. I can’t even blog everyday for Nablopomo because I can’t think straight when my head is pounding. Oh, who am I kidding… I also have major writers block. I’ve had it for ages. I get inspiration when I don’t have time and then I forget it when I do have time. Or when I do have time, I’d rather sleep. Thisssssucks.

But please, for the love of all things good and decent, don’t tell me I need to exercise. I know I need to exercise but it’s impossible when you have headache that gets worse when you stand up. Or bend down. Or exert yourself in any way. Tension headaches and exercise are not friends. They despise each other. Also, don’t tell me to think positively. Or take more vitamins. Please.

And dear husband, if you’re reading this, please forgive me for saying this in such a public way…but your constant bad mood and Man PMS is really wearing on me. I TRY to understand but I’m over it. Life is hard. Life isn’t always fun. Life is challenging. I get all that. I’m not exactly thrilled either, as evidenced by my ranty whinefest, BUT I don’t make everyone else suffer for my unhappiness. Figure out what you want from life and go after it. Figure out what will make you happy and pursue it. I may be unhappy with certain things right now but I’m still an optimist. I still have hope that life will get better. I wish you would, too. I love you—now chin up!

I can feel the tension run from my head to my neck,  into my shoulders and down my back so I’m going to my chiropractor on Tuesday and then I’m going to beg my massage therapist to see me right after. If that doesn’t work, there’s always the gun method—it’s damn near impossible to have a headache when you don’t have a head. Heh.

• slouchy says:

OY.

That’s a lot of suck all at once.

My condolences.
    .-= slouchy’s last blog post…The Formative Days =-.

• Tracy says:

I’m sorry. That sucks! Been having some stress headaches myself replete with ear pressure. These are stomach-knotting, muscle-tightening times. Sometimes lying on my back on the bed with my head hanging off the side for several minutes helps.
    .-= Tracy’s last blog post…WTC =-.

• Hey, I’ve got the block, too! My blog used to be such a light-hearted little creative space for me and lately all I want to serve is whine. Maybe I’ll just go with that for a bit.

I’m sorry the headaches are plaguing you. I know how draining they can be. Hope this week is much better all around.
    .-= Laurin (@LaurinEvans)’s last blog post…White Shirt Wednesday – Daftbird =-.

• Meredith says:

Ugh I’ve had a recurring headache for like five days now too. What IS that? I’ve got my fingers crossed for you that your husband listens to you, your kids give you some peace, your roofers don’t screw you over and your new neighbors aren’t douche bags. Oh, and that no one suggests that you exercise! :)
    .-= Meredith’s last blog post…First Five =-.

• Melanie says:

I hear your pain! I’m a Florida gal, too, and the thought of ever trying to sell my house is just plain depressing!

And I’ve told ALL of my family members, if they say something silly, it’s going to end up on my blog :)

This is my first time on your blog and I’ve really enjoyed reading your posts. Keep writing!!
    .-= Melanie’s last blog post…Where do photos of you and your ex belong??? =-.

• So sucky. My first response is that I’m glad you didn’t wet the chair because 1) you forgot you peed the chair because you passed out drunk or 2) you have some weird, scary illness that makes you pee and not know it (other than childbirth.)

Also, than man PMS is has spread all the way from your Florida house to my Texas house, and I’m really ready to find some type of spray cleaner that will make it go away. Should I find the spray first, I’ll let you know and will be pleased if you will do the same.

Until then, more Aleve to you!
    .-= Vanity’s Fare’s last blog post…All We Ever Wanted Was Everything …………a review? =-.

Dude..peeing and not knowing it? I did that right after my son was born and it totally traumatized me. I’ve never heard anyone else mention it! And yes, we must find the spray before someone gets hurt (not us).

• kuba says:

now that’s what I call an honest post….. hope all the suckage starts un-sucking….. and just curious….. if your room is in a better location than the office, could you move your kid into the office and move your office into your room? since you’re sleeping in the office anyway…..
    .-= kuba’s last blog post…U2 @ Soldier Field, Chicago IL, 09-12-2009 =-.

• Oh I understand babe. I understand. And if one more moron tells me ‘It could be worse, you could be dead’ I will have to go all madwoman on their arses.

Scream into a pillow, makes me feel a little better and not as obvious as giving the husband a black eye (which is what I actually want to do. Mine, not yours, but I can pop him one too if you like)

• Sorry life is so sucky lately. I see a physical therapist for my shoulder/back/neck pain and I love it b/c she gives me a mini massage while she’s at it. Take it easy and hope your head gives you some relief soon.
    .-= Fairly Odd Mother’s last blog post…All growed up =-.

• jennster says:

sometimes i think we are the same person. must be the virgo-ness. it IS mercury retrograde you know, so things are all sorts of fucked up. i feel like i’m totally trying to figure shit out- and i did i publicly yesterday too. bf wasn’t too happy. it just ended up making him feel badly, but still- somehow, he thinks there is some magic answer for it all. but that answer just leads to him getting his way.
    bf is a taurus.. and he’s inherently negative.. glass half empty i think. oi rmaybe he’s just a realist. i’m an optimist for sure.
    and even when i feel like this.. and feel shitty.. and question everything.. and have no answers- i KNOW and TRUST that things will be okay. and i know answers will come.. and things will work out. positively. and with a fucking smile dammit.
    .-= jennster’s last blog post…double standards =-.

I read your posts and dammit! I want you all to go back to LA! You know, being a Taurus also means he’s set in his ways. Packing up and changing his life is not something he will agree to on a lark. But work on him and maybe over time he’ll change his mind.

• Cathy Young says:

that’s pain! i’ve really enjoyed reading your posts. hope to read more posts soon!

-cathy young
    .-= Cathy Young’s last blog post…Rachel Stevens =-.

• Tiffany says:

I feel you on the house. Ours is about 700 square feet of cramped living, at its best. And with no second car, I’m stuck in the 700-square-feet for far too many days in a row because, as you mentioned, it’s too freaking hot to walk anywhere. Like the corner gas station. Because where else would I walk to in the swamp?

Hope you feel better…..

• Spa says:

Whenever i get a head ache i immediately get a massage :)
    .-= Spa’s last blog post…Best home service massage and nail spa in Quezon City! =-.

• We always choose metal roofing instead of ceramic roofing because we believe that metal roofs last longer.-.;