Oversharing Again

Posted by on May 7, 2009

I force my children to watch Mystery Diagnosis with me every day. Okay…I don’t FORCE them, as in tying them up and propping their eyelids open with toothpicks, but I turn it on and if they don’t want to watch it? Too bad because Mystery Diagnosis is the most awesomely awesome show on TV (aside from Gossip Girl and Trust Me—which is awesome because it’s awesome and also because Tom Cavanagh, whom I used to regard as somewhat lizardy looking, is cute)

I hate, hate, HATE the term “make love” as well as any variation of it.  It just sounds so…gross…and maybe even a little skeevy. Am I alone on this? Am I weird? Maybe I am because I think I’m the only woman on the planet who does NOT get all squiggedy over the word “panties.”

Panties, panties, panties! Take off your PANTIES!

See? Not a single shudder.

But that other one… YICKETY YICK YICK YICK.

There’s only one exception and it’s this song. I like it despite the fact that the guy says the dreaded ML words ten thousand times. But other than that? DO NOT SAY.

I’m addicted to Pepperidge Farm Bordeaux cookies. I could eat a whole bag by myself and were it not for my kids swarming around me every time I open the bag, I WOULD eat them all by myself.

In other food news, I’m craving a gyro. I haven’t had one in years. Freaky meat on a spool = NOM NOM NOM.

And finally, there’s only one more episode until I’m all caught up with Doctor Who. Am sad. But for the love of all things good and decent, do NOT tell me what happens. Also? Harboring a teeny WTF crush on David Tennant.

That is all.

• Hannah says:

I like the term “making love”, its sweet. Better than the phrase “bumping uglies”which some guys say and makes me want to smack them!

Hannah’s last blog post..Brightest Blue

• Shannon says:

So I’m thinking you are going to get all kinds of interesting google hits from this post. :) I heart David Tennant too!

Shannon’s last blog post..Kid, you give me bananas too!

• Trav1sty says:

I’ve never liked the term making love. I don’t suppose I ever will either. I prefer to take back to its primitive form. There’s just something about asking a person if they want to mate. Try it some time. It’s fun.

Btw, clubbing them and dragging them back to bedroom/cave is optional.

• Kristabella says:

Panties doesn’t bother me either.

I don’t mind making love, it’s better than some of the other terms. But I wouldn’t ever use it. It’s so lame. “Honey, let’s go make love in the bedroom.” Ugh.

Kristabella’s last blog post..Is It Called Sudafed Because Someone With A Stuffy Nose Tried To Say Stuffy Head?

• Meat on a stick is where it’s at – Canadians have lots of meat on spools – from donairs to gyros to kebabs (oh girl, you should come for Greekfest – it’s bigger than the one at Tarpon Springs and there is skewered meat everywhere).

And the term making love is pure cheese for me, makes me icky – but panties makes me laugh. Except when in wedgie mode.

• Suzannah says:

I HATE the phrase “making love”. It makes me picture an old dude with a hairy chest wearing a banana hammock. Oh, and he has a gold chain too.

It feels like I’m chewing on aluminum foil every time I hear it or read it. In a song, it’s torture. My husband learned a long time ago that it was a surefire way to send me screaming from the building.

Panties are cute.

For me, ML (I can’t even write it) evokes images of something actually being made, like a fluffy lump of mashed potatoes. I know it’s gross, but that’s where my freaky mind takes me.

Panties are cute.

Panties are cute.

Panties are cute.

I forgot to mention spooled meat. I miss it. Brazilian steak houses have meat on a spool, too. Yum.

• RHW says:

Eeee – I too am late in catching up with Doctor Who (Tennant is a bit dishier than Ecclestone). I’m also desperately avoiding Battlestar Galactica spoilers as I’ve only watched half the last season!

RHW’s last blog post..Terrifically Terrible Tantrums (and other annoyingly alliterative actions)

• Cara says:

I only hate panties when said by a woman. Somehow when men say it, I think it’s funny.

No Doctor Who, but Torchwood? Hello! Captain Jack (John Barrowman) = yummy.

Cara’s last blog post..Still? Still.

• Tara says:

There is no “WTF” about a crush on David Tennant (though I did chuckle at the phrase as intended). The man, while he might not be the typical Hollywood hunk, is the sexiest thing on two legs with those dimples, that killer smile, those sweet freckles, that brilliant mind, and his charisma, which he has in spades. He’s a god. :o)

• Maria says:

We need to go drinking.

Maria’s last blog post..oral contraceptives

• I do not like that phrase either. Yuck!

I LOVE Gossip Girl too…I think we talked about this before though.

• ~beth says:

Panties. Panties. Panties. PANTIES!!! Nope, I’m good. Although, I have a sudden urge to yell, “PANTIES!” in the office to see what happens …

~beth’s last blog post..Epic. Self-Esteem. Fail.

• Making love – I agree. Who the hell came up with that term? Ick. It’s just so…odd.

And what’s not to like about David Tennant, I ask?

• Totally agree. What is the deal with not liking the word panties? Doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

I might get a shirt with Panties Panties Panties written on it and see how many women I can freak the hell out.

Kelley @ Magnetoboldtoo’s last blog post..Don’t read this post while eating soup. AKA Tuesdays suck

• Brooke says:

I’m late on this, ugh I’m so behind on reading stuff.

Anyway. Panties doesn’t bother me. Making love doesn’t so much bother me either. Words that bother me?

Moist is one. Even when you’re describing baked goods.

Firm is another. I just discovered that this word grosses me out when we were shopping for mattresses. Weird, right?

Those words take my brain to weird places no matter what context they are in.

Also? I love Gossip Girl. LOVE it. Am obsessed. But have not seen Doctor Who.

• mayopie says:

Mmmmm….Spool-fed meat.

mayopie’s last blog post..Mayopie

• Musingwoman says:

I’m not a fan of ‘make love,’ either. Too refined or something. Sex. Much better.

• Christina says:

Ooh, I won’t share spoilers about Doctor Who, although I have now seen the 2008 Christmas special and the 2009 Easter special, thanks to leaked video on the internet, and I loved them. I wish they’d hurry up and show them in the US already. There’s only two more specials to go until the new season in 2010. David Tennant is amazingly adorable, too.

BBC America will have the 5 new Torchwood episodes this summer, too.

• Erin says:

Pretty sure you would make the best drinking partner ever.

Hate that term. I’m not even going to say it again. Hate, Hate HAAAAATE. It totally squigs me out. Panties doesn’t bother me either though. Sounds much sexier than underoos.

Erin’s last blog post..Mother’s Day Weekend

Yech. “making love” is so… seventies guy trying to be sensitive to impress someone. I picture a Burt Reynolds ‘stache with that.

And panties, too, blech. Underpants makes me laugh, so sometimes I say that just to amuse myself, but mostly I call them underwear. Or undies.

kittenpie’s last blog post..Biscuits in the Oven

• donjackobs says:

Very good information….Thank you…

• The Caffeinatrix says:

Bumping uglies…ewwwww! I hate that one, too!

• The Caffeinatrix says:

Yeah, ‘make love’ (eww) and ‘take off your panties’ alone will probably bring out the freaks. Adding Doctor Who to the mix will bring out the big, BIG freaks!

• The Caffeinatrix says:

Ewww honey!!! Let’s NOT! lol

• The Caffeinatrix says:

Maybe I need immersion therapy where people use THAT TERM all day long and eventually it stops making my toes curl!

• The Caffeinatrix says:

I used to know someone who would always say “Wanna tangle?” Not exactly romantic but not all toe-curling, either. It’s in the “Wanna mate?” ballmark, no?

• Trav1sty says:

@The Caffeinatrix, Tangle is definitely in the same ballpark as mating. I like that they express the physical side of it and less of that romantic touchy feely crap.

• The Caffeinatrix says:

Yeah, I have an icky picture like that in my mind, too.

• The Caffeinatrix says:

Dishier…lol. One might also say we fancy him :)

• The Caffeinatrix says:

I predict a chorus of EWWWW’s from the female employees!

• The Caffeinatrix says:

We DO need to go drinking!

• Caffeinatrix says:

Moist…ewww! Nasty! Re Gossip Girl: This season seems really long. I hope that doesn’t mean it’s ending soon :(

• Caffeinatrix says:

Dude, you HAVE to get that shirt made. I predict you will make millions.

• Louise says:

Yeah, seriously. A WTF crush? If you’re doubting the appropriateness of a crush, just picture David Tennant in a kilt (hey, you don’t even have to imagine it because there’s a picture of it on my site). *sigh*

“Panties” makes me laugh. Mind you, so does “underpants”. ML is just ew, ick.