Remember My Ball Gag? Ann Coulter Needs to Borrow It.

Posted by on March 5, 2007

I’ve never cared for this woman. I find her to be incredibly obnoxious and once again, she totally justifies my opinion. She’s like the Howard Stern of the political world, saying anything to get a rise out of people and generate some press for herself.

If you haven’t seen this video of her calling presidential hopeful John Edwards a faggot, take a look. She’s so smug and full of herself. And it’s really unbelieveable to hear the audience tittering at her remarks and clapping. Who ARE these people?

Where DID I put that ball gag?

• mayberry says:

It’s truly amazing how low she will stoop for attention.

• Elizabeth says:

That comment was inexcusable. It’s slanderous, not to mention just plain rude and insulting. I hope John Edwards’ people are making a huge fuss about it. She shouldn’t be able to get away with saying something like that, at all.

And it made me sick to hear that audience chuckling, like they thought it was funny. You should definitely put some duct tape over that ball gag.

• mrsderusha says:

regardless of political affiliation, we should all be disgusted by this. How serious is the message when it has to be ‘colored up’ to be made more interesting?

• Tuesday says:

She is a horrible, terrible woman.

• I was so shocked the first time I saw that. American politics are SO drastically different from Canadian politics.

• canape says:

And once again, Ann has me sitting here wondering how it is that Christians in America have adopted the conservatives of politics. Because you know, all the stories about Jesus show him being a belligerent dickhead and all.

• Nikki says:

I’ll shoot her. Pass me the gun please.

• I’m ashamed of all those who tittered and chuckled in the audience. What a bunch of dickheads.

If I was Anne’s momma, I’d kick her ass and wash her mouth out with soap and then make her stand in the corner….Shame on her.

• Sally says:

She is vile!! I used to think she was joking or trying to be entertaining but she’s been like this for ten years. She believes what she spews!

• Julie says:

ACK! I heard about that. Thanks for the link?err…insert? (What’s my vocab here for that video on your blog?) so i could see it for myself.

She’s obnoxious.

I LMAO when they mocked her on Law & Order.

• Velva says:

She’s saying this in a public forum about a man with a wife and children, and people are laughing? Does she honestly think of herself as a Christian? I’m appalled!

A little duct tape to go with that ball gag sounds like a great idea to me.

• I’ve read Ann Coulter’s books and what I liked about her books is that she has this very dry sense of humor that comes out really well in her writing.

Having said, that, I think what she said was horrible, and that she owes an apology.

But, I don’t think that she’s the only political “villian” out there these days. Bill Maher also needs some duct tape as does Senator Joe Biden. Both of them have said some pretty awful things of late as well.

• Fenicle says:

Ugh….I saw this woman on the Today Show last year & she was promoting her new book. She actually was going on & on about how the widows of 9-11 were enjoying that their spouse had died in the attacks. She went on to say they were selfish, yada yada yada…Absolutely no use for her.

• Jamie says:

I like you. :)

Luckily, Ann is her own worst enemy. By sounding like such a babbling, incompetant bafoon, no one even comes close to taking her seriously. Good job Ann! You really proved that…… wait, you didn’t prove anything.

I hope the Republicans keep letting her talk, it’s really proving beneficial for them.

Jamie

• FishyGirl says:

Unfortunately, those people in the audience were probably members of my family.

There’s a reason my blog is anonymous, not the least of which that I don’t want to be associated with those people. I AM the black sheep, and I like it that way.

Horrifying. She is a terrible, terrible woman.

• Jennifer says:

I don’t even know what to say. That’s appalling. And appalling to hear the audience’s reaction.

• The one GOOD thing about this is that she has discredited herself even further. Today on NPR I even heard conservatives talking about how much they hate her. Hopefully, if we all work together, we can get rid of her once and for all.

• the new girl says:

I think that she has been smoking WAY to much meth. Someone shave her head and get her ass into rehab, pronto!!

• RWA says:

Make sure you have enough ball gags to go around for all of the liberals like Coulter too.

• Kristi says:

Yeah, I didn’t quite get that either.

• Heather says:

What an asshat.

• Izzy says:

I can’t think of any liberals as abrasive and obnoxious as Coulter.

*ducking and running*

• Michelle says:

I don’t agree with Senator Edwards but the way she uses inappropriate, juvenile, incendiary labels is shameful. I’d never vote for Edwards but at least he’d never stoop to the things she’s doing.

• Mel says:

What she said was awful. Completely immature and a pathetic plea for attention. However… I think the whole “she should apologize” thing is silly. In our country, anyone is free to make as much of an ass out themseves as they want. As loathsome as it is, it is her opinion. She is entitled to it. And I am entitled to think she is lame.

• Oh, I am soooo gonna have to post a link over here for that. I happen to be a fan of Edwards, but even if I wasn’t, I would be seriously offended by a ridiculous and immature statement as that. That woman makes my skin crawl. And that clip makes my brain boil.

By the way – a friend of mine from high school got a taste of her when he wrote a book called Godless about 5 years before she did. She stomped him legally even though he was totally in the right as far as copyright.

• Slick says:

Geeez-us, the lady has some cajones

• Kristin says:

She gets a little bit worse everytime I see her… she is like the stomach flu… you never quite remember how miserable she is until she comes around again.

• laurie says:

As the mother of a gay man, I find this behavior reprehensible. Those who cheered her are every bit as narrow minded as she is. I am disgusted.

• Jess says:

The woman makes my skin crawl.

• OK, one more comment. Why is this not all over the news? I know I don’t have cable, but it’s certainly not anywhere near the top of my Yahoo news page.

• Vicky says:

The woman is a freakin’ pit viper. Ball gag her and tie her up in a darkend, spider infested closet and she’d probably like it, write a book about it, and it would be a best seller. She makes me want to spit.

• toyfoto says:

That’s exactly what I thought, too. Coulter is who she is, a bad cartoon. But the people she was “entertaining” sure seemed entertained by it to me.

• Rhea says:

I agree. The comment was absurd, rude and hateful.

• Jeff says:

I am sure Jesus would be proud of her. Another good Christian with a microphone and an audience. God help us all.

• Kate says:

Wow, I would never put her in the same league with Howard Stern. He’s at least funny – she’s just a total idiot.

• TB says:

She is truly a disgusting human being. And the truly frightening thing is that she’s not just out for publicity, she really means it.

• Kate says:

oh my goodness, I know politicians are a bunch of foul mouthed kindergarteners with an over sized audience but that is extreme!
    Have to say, let the silly cow keep on talking no one would listen to that surely?, I think the saying is “give her enough rope and let her hang herself”.

• Jenny says:

Maybe it’s nervous laughter? Like “I can’t believe how crazy this bitch is” kind of laughter?

• Evil. Pure evil. No other word for her.

• Paula says:

Too much attention for toe jam.

• Mom101 says:

You want to know who’s chuckling? The people who elected our current President. That was the Conservative Political Action Committee she was speaking to. You know…family values and all.

I have to say I’m a bit speechless that a commenter compared Ann Coulter to Joe Biden. Good lord. Everyone knows exactly that Biden’s “clean and fresh” comment was merely an awkward way of saying Obama doesn’t threaten white people. Which is true.

But Coulter? This is a vicious, mean-spirited vile, juvenile, well-scripted attack. Hardly the same thing.

The next time Biden calls Ann Coulter a c*nt, let me know so we can compare apples and apples.

• cameo says:

here izzy, i’ll be an abrasive and obnoxious liberal for rwa – ann coulter is a c*unt. a self-absorbed, attention whore c*unt.
    there.
    ball-gag, please.

• Glennia says:

I could not even watch this for fear that my head would explode. Around our house, she is referred to as “Satan’s Handmaiden.”

• Michelle says:

I wonder why no one has publicly mentioned “Mann” Coulter’s enormous adam’s apple. I wonder if she would consider it just a simple “schoolyard taunt” if someone asked her, “Hey dude, how’s it hangin?”

I’ve always thought she/he was a c*nt. The problem is that she’s a popular c*nt who sells lots of books. But I am glad to see that even National Review Magazine dropped her along with other conservative publications and sponsors. Maybe people are starting to wise up.

And regarding Bill Maher, at least he’s hilarious. This bitch just sounds stupid every time she opens her fool mouth to spew filth. I hope she freakin’ dies.

• motherofbun says:

Satan’s handmaiden. That’s pretty funny. And yup. She is!

• mrs t says:

Yeah, I find it interesting that an unmarried woman of her age, sporting an Adam’s apple would have the audacity to call a quite obviously hetereosexual man a “faggot”. Maybe it’s just the testosterone built up in her system.

• foenseela says:

Heh. Nice. Sometimes I can’t help but surrender to my tame respect I have a nice fresh joke for you people) Have you seen Quasimodo? I have a hunch he’s back!